Thursday, July 8, 2010

Monkey's First Haircut

Since Monkey was about 7 or 8 months old his hair has seriously started to curl. We talked about getting him a haircut for the longest time because people would mistake our beautiful boy for a pretty little girl (even though he was wearing clothes that did not resemble girls clothes in the least). I really didn't want to cut his hair until he turned at least a year old and when hubby realized I would allow a haircut he demanded he do it himself. This made me very nervous because I cut hubby's hair and his mother cut his hair before me so...he has no experience whatsoever in cutting hair. Well, I just thought to myself that I would tell him that he could do it and then when he was here we would just let maw do it.

Well, Maw did not really want to do it because he is just a baby and he moves a lot and she would be scared to cut him...but after telling my hubby story she finally gave in. So the very night of monkey's birthday after hubby got off of work they sat him down and Maw cut his hair while hubby tried to hold him still. I did not cry but when everyone saw that I was keeping his curls I got some crazy looks but I did not care. I could tape his first curl in his scrapbook. He really did not move too much but after we were done just looking at my child he looked much older and I knew a part of me had to let it go or I would want to hold onto it forever and never want him to grow up..but they have to and I'm trying to be happy about it.

Thank goodness his hair still curls but she cut enough so that it will hopefully get thicker and grow out faster and room to breathe...another stage in the baby mission conquered!




5 comments:

  1. Aww I love my beautiful monkey! Momma is so brave to cut his hair. He is such a little wiggle worm. Props to her! Maws rock. I am glad you are the strong sister because I cried when I got home after Potato's hair! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at your little man! He looks so precious with his big boy haircut!!

    Claire, thank you so much for stopping by to see me today and for your sweet sweet comments. You blessed my heart and made me cry! I appreciate your encouragement more than you know. I'm so happy that I found your blog. It's funny that you mentioned that you think that I'm sincere and honest because I see the same thing in you. That's what I love so much about your blog. I feel like I'm visiting with you face to face and learning about you and your family. You, too, have a blog of substance!

    You now have a way for me to follow you so I've not only subscribed to your blog but I'm a follower now too. yay! I really look forward to getting to know you even better as we journey this road called life together.

    I read something wonderful today that blessed my heart on a blog that I follow and I want to share it with you. I connected with it and the message was timely for me. I really needed that message today. I think maybe it might bless you too....

    “I am Me. In all the world, there is no one else exactly like me. Everything that comes out of me is authentically mine, because I alone chose it -- I own everything about me: my body, my feelings, my mouth, my voice, all my actions, whether they be to others or myself. I own my fantasies, my dreams, my hopes, my fears. I own my triumphs and successes, all my failures and mistakes... I am me, and I am Okay.” -Virginia Satir

    Thanks again, so much, for your friendship! Be blessed! Candace~♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I almost forgot to tell you that I've still got my "baby's" curls from his first haircut...wrapped up in a Dixie cup in my jewelry box. My baby is 18 now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww how precious! There's nothing wrong with keeping those curls! My boyfriend's mom has his hair tied in a blue bow and put in a small shadowbox. Very cute.

    Little did she know that after his hair grew back upon leaving the military that it would come back with the little curls in back again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! Why would anyone think it's weird to keep the curls?? Even Tiffany's makes baby curl keepsake boxes!

    I'm a new follower - Kayla sent me! :-)

    ReplyDelete