Thursday, July 8, 2010

Buck's Special Day

For Buck Jr's actual birthday my hubby had to work so the next he took off and we decided to take him to Baton Rouge. First we decided to hit the zoo. It was a little hard for hubby because almost every animal we came to he thought the cage was entirely too small. But we got very lucky because I don't know if it was the rainy weather but all the animals were out and willing to play.

I think monkey's favorite was the little aquarium because as soon as we entered it his entire face lit up and he refused to stay inside of his wagon. He loved pointing to all of the fish and watching them swim around. He also really liked the big animals. I don't think he started pointing soo much until this trip to the zoo.


After spending about 3 hours at the zoo hubby and I decided that it was time to eat. We went eat at the Long Horn Steakhouse to try it out for the first time. The lunch menu was great! We even had enough room for dessert..and of course monkey just loved that!


Next we took him to the big Bass Pro Shop. We looked around for a good long time and let him see all the fish and ducks they had in their pond. Of course we were already looking at potential christmas gifts because we already know what auntie is getting him..so we were making more plans. So we picked him out a bass pro shop romper (yes auntie i bought a romper) and some camo short overalls. There were lots of other things we wanted to buy him but we had set out there for only a few things and we had more than reached our limit. So we made our way back home after a long day and ended it with hubby making us awesome sandwiches and we were more than glad to hit the sack early.

2 comments:

  1. Wow it looks like you guys had a wonderful time and I love the pictures and my favorite has to be the third down. So special that both the boys went to the same zoo to celebrate their first birthdays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Claire,

    I left a little something for you on my blog. I hope you enjoy it!

    Candace~♥

    http://discoveringcandace.blogspot.com/2010/07/pretty-sunshine-for-me.html

    ReplyDelete