Saturday, June 26, 2010

Build and Grow: Monster Truck

So far the past few weekends Maw has been taking lil buck to Lowes: Build and Grow and Home Depot. Every time they would come back they would have a wooden something that they made, their apron, a patch, and a certificate saying what they built, and lots of pictures to show mommy. While I was working I always had to work every Saturday from 7-12 and I would always miss it. Well, I had to quit my job because I am pregnant and it was just too hard I actually got to go this week. The kids there made monster trucks. So I show up in this cute lil white skirt and top thinking I would sit in a chair with him and we would hammer whatever it was together. Not so much. First of all we had to sit on the floor (and I was much grateful later) and the little package had like 10 nails and instructions....not so fun for the uncoordinated...

It was really fun but this is definitely a job for him and his daddy cause I was sweating and it took me like forever to put this truck together. He actually hammered a good bit of it and was used to going so it wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it would have been in the beginning. After we finished hammering and putting all the stickers on we took a few pictures to show off what we had done! Wait til we get home to show diddy! I can honestly say I am proud of myself and my son for doing such a great job! But I will definitely know for next time to go in comfy clothes!

I was also surprised how well he was around other kids when we were there. He doesn't get to play with a lot of other kids besides potato and I kind of expected him to cling to me or his maw but if I would have let him he would have been the social butterfly and just walked up to all the kids and played with them or took their stuff. It kind of broke my heart because he is so excited with other kids I just hope we can find some more friends his age to hang out with because he LOVES being around other people.

1 comment:

  1. and you wondered why I looked at you and asked you why you were wear a cute little skirt lol!

    ReplyDelete